14 Nov 2013 BC Communities Capacity Building Program
Be one of the 6-8 communities/school districts to participate free of charge in 2013!
Friend 2 Friend BC Communities Capacity Building Program is a “train the trainer” program designed to provide school districts/community organizations throughout British Columbia, Canada with the materials and training to implement the Can I Play Too?:Autism Demystification Puppet Packaged Program to children ages 3-11 in inclusive school or community settings in their area. This program is provided free of charge to 6-8 school districts and/or community organizations each year depending on funding available.
Working with implementation teams of professionals, Friend 2 Friend will provide the training and materials to prepare the teams to implement the Can I Play Too? Autism Demystification Puppet Program with children ages 3-11 in inclusive classrooms and community settings.
Hosting Organization's Responsibilities will be required to:
• Organize/host the workshop – including registering participants, arranging for venue, presentation equipment (projector, sound, microphone, screen), and refreshments for breaks.
• Pay for all travel expenses required for the speaker to travel to your area (traveling expenses will vary, please contact our office for an estimate).
Friend 2 Friend provides a one-day implementation workshop and the materials (10-20 copies of the Can I Play Too? Autism Demystification Puppet Packaged Program and one Can I Play Too? Props and Materials Case) necessary to implement the program. This program is provided completely free of charge to school districts and other inclusive community settings throughout British Columbia, Canada.
The Workshop is designed to prepare teams of professionals to implement the program in their community. The workshop will be led by Heather McCracken, the creator of the Friend 2 Friend model and programs.
The agenda for the workshop is as follows:
• Overview of Friend 2 Friend Social Learning Society
• What does it feel like to have autism?
• Refreshment break
• The Guiding Principles/Overview of the Friend 2 Friend model
• Lunch Break
• Preparing to Implement the Programs/The Art of Facilitation
• Implementing the Can I Play Too? Autism Demystification Program
• Group Activity and Discussion/Questions and Answers
Contact our office now to book a date January through May 2013. For more information, please visit our website here.
If your school district or organization is interested in participating in the BC Communities Capacity Building Program please e-mail our office at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Outside of BC: School Districts and Community Organizations in North America may also book this program; the fee is $7500 plus traveling expenses. For fees outside of North America please e-mail our office at email@example.com for information.
Facilitator's Workshop: Friend 2 Friend hosts this workshop in Vancouver once each year. Space is limited to 30 participants. For more information, please visit our website here.