Play Guide Job Posting
We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly compassionate and creative individual for the position of Play Guide at our Play Centres in East Vancouver and New Westminster.
We are seeking dedicated individuals, who are fast learners, with client service hearts and who remain well regulated in a fast paced environment. Preference is given to applicants you have 1 to 3 years experience working with children, hold an undergraduate or graduate degree in a related field (e.g., ECE, Education, SLP, OT, Phyc. etc) and applicants who have experience working with children with autism, and / or family member’s or individuals with autism.
Play Guide Duties
Working with a team of interdisciplinary professionals to deliver our Play Centre and Autism Demystification® Programs, Play Guides support the deliver our our Play Centre and Autism Demystification® programs. Under the guidance of the Master Guide and Program Coordinators, Play Guides duties are as follows:
– guild children ages 3 through 14 in peer social play
– apply the principles and practices of the Society’s programs
– adhere to the Society’s policies and procedures
– use software (e.g., Trello, Word, Excel, Boardmaker, Photoshop, etc) in creating and reporting
– observe and record children’s skills using the program related assessment and reporting tools
– model, use and communicate (verbally and written) the language, philosophy and practices of the program
– model a client centered heart using child and family first language
– motivate to learn to meet the needs of the children, family and the Society without being directed to do so
– self-started – look for way to support the families/Society without being directed to do so
Mondays through Saturdays. Shifts are usually 4- 8 hours. Saturday work are a requirement of the position.
Please send your resume and covering letter attention Jennifer Jacob at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
About the Society
Friend 2 Friend Social Learning Society is an international not for profit, federally register charity founded in 2002. The Society leads efforts to create and provide inclusive peer play and friendship programs for children with autism and their peers, as well as provide training opportunities for parents and professionals. Friend 2 Friend provides a variety of unique and innovative programs such as our signature Autism Demystification® Programs and the Friend 2 Friend Play Centre Programs to individuals ages 3 through 18 on the autism spectrum and related social, communication and play needs and their typically developing peers and siblings.